Wednesday, December 28, 2005

The Melancholy Poker Blues..

I missed the WWdN last night.. on purpose.. I was sitting right there, with the tourney window open... checking out who was all registered and what not.. but, I asked myself 'Do I really feel like playing poker?'.. and since the answer was 'No', I chose not to.. imagine that.. I figure I saved myself 11 bucks....to be lost at a later date, I am sure....

Then ofcourse, at about 7pm, one hour after it started.. guess who feels like playing poker... doh!!! Gonna have to remember that next time....

I have been taking some serious kicking of the junkage lately.. I mean, really bad calls to my raises, and then being sucked out on... prompts me to come up with a saying such as:

'We don't remember the good sessions because the bad sessions hurt so much'..

There are two distinct kinds of bad sessions.. those that just bring you no cards whatsoever to play with... and then the other kind... the kind that would make even Freddy Krueger cringe.... you know, bad beat after bad beat, after bad beat... those sessions where you do get the cards, you do make the right decisions, you do end up with all your money in the pot with the best hand, and yet, you still end up with a losing session..

..well, the latter has been my bane of late... perhaps this is partly why 'I did not feel like playing poker'.

I am ready to go back to Las Vegas now.. so whoever is going to make all the arrangements.... get to it... ;)

I promise to play in mixed games with bloggers this next time, and I hope some or all of ya'll hold me to that promise.

peace

1 comment:

TripJax said...

It was good playing with you at last weeks WWDN, though I didn't farewell.

Since you missed last night, if you are interested in playing tonight why don't you check out the Donkeys Always Draw Invitational we have put together.

Details are here...
http://tripjax.blogspot.com/2005/12/bounty-hunting-donkeys-always-draw.html

Also, I'm not sure what happened, but I have you on bloglines, but you weren't showing on my blogroll...I've fixed that so your link is up...