Thursday, June 29, 2006

Poker Dome Satellite

Well, my first attempt at 15 minutes of fame, under the lights of the PokerDome... failed craptastically....

I went out first in the 1000 person satellite.......

UTG is ALL IN off the bat.. and everyone folds around to me, sitting on the button with 99. Now, it took a good 2-3 minutes for people to decide to fold or not, so, I had plenty of time to think about my decision to call... basically, if no one before me called, I was pushing.... and that is what I did...

He turns over K5o... which means I am ahead... pretty far if I am not mistaken.... FLOP and TURN are all rags.... giving him a 3 outter at the RIVER, maybe 6%.. thinks are looking pretty good for me, I am gonna double at a very early stage in the tournament, and probaly be able to bully some people out of pots..

The ugliest King of Clubs I have ever seen in my life flips on the RIVER, and my bid for TV stardom is over....

.. this time anyway..

Anyone else woulda called that?
( ScottMC is prolly tickled pink that I called it )