Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Random

Robert Duvall, during an interview, about the making of 'Broken Trail', which I watched on AMC, this past Sunday and Monday evening, said he felt this casting was better than even 'Lonesove Dove'.

Well, altho I admire the man, and respect his work, he is afterall, one of my favorite actors, and probaly a favorite of many movie fans, I do think maybe he has lost his mind.....

'Broken Trail', altho entertaining, was nothing compared to 'Lonesove Dove'.

( It wasn't even as good as 'Open Range' ).

---
So, I'm dealt KK in the BB, early in the tourney.. a .50c SNG, 9 players... 5 people are all in before me... and I decide to fold... this is like the 3rd hand of the tourney... the flop comes AKK, and I would have won with quad K's, but, since I folded, the man with AA takes it down with a FH... eliminating 4 other players.., making it instantly a 5 player SNG with blinds of 10/20. The other 3 players, and myself, proceeded to take those chips from Mr. Fullhouse within 10 hands, and he was out, and the remaining 4 of us had relatively the same amount of chips...

I mention this cuz it just seemed bizarre to me.... the way it worked out.... I ended up taking second place...

---

In a different tourney, same night, this time a play money 100k SNG, the first hand of the tourney, I'm dealt KQs in the BB... folded to SB who completes... I just check... flop comes... ATJs... ( the nut flush, so to speak ), the turn is 8h and we both check, the river is the 7s and he checks to me, after thinking for a bit... I decide he is not gonna call any bet whatsoever, so there is no way for me to get anymore than the 20 he has already committed, so, I ofcourse go all in.... and to my suprise, he calls... with 89s... ( second nut flush, so to speak )...

Then he starts berating me for playing the hand wrong...... I finished 4th in this one, the bubble..

---

I saw an episode of PokerDome the other night.. and I feel like my level of poker play does not allow me to comment, but, well, these people suck... how the hell did they beat so many people to make it to the tv round?!?! I immediately signed up on Mansionpoker.net... but, have yet to find a satellite...


work calls

peace