Thursday, December 16, 2004

early to bed, early to rise

I didn't feel much like playing, last night... so.. I didn't.. I layed down on the couch and settled in to watch the WPT Ladies Night II, and fell asleep shortly after Clonie Gowen was eliminated.. so, at this time, I know not who won....

Woke up at about 3 am, and DID feel like playing poker... so... I did. Fired up Party and joined a couple 10+1 SnG's... ended up playing 7 I think... two 1st places and one second place... had started with bank of 22 bucks, ended with 75 bucks... nice lil early morning profit.... as i was playing.. and btw, I felt pretty confident in pretty much every one of them... unlike I have been feeling... anyway, as I was playing... I figured out that I have not been giving my starting cards the proper value that I should be... but, when I did give them the proper value, someone would raise, eithre before or after I limped in.. or even reraise me.. and then, and this is the revelation.. I would almost always back down.. ie, devalue my starting hands.... This is how I always end up short stacked with 6 players, waiting and hoping for 2 GREAT cards before the blinds go up again...

So, I decide to keep the my determined value of my starting cards, thru out the hand, especially preflop..., and the hell with the raises and reraises.....

Talk about scary.... one hand.. I had J10s.... and I raised with only 4 players still in.. first two to act had folded, leaving me, button, SB, and BB... the BB was 50, so, with about 700 chips, I raised to 150, 3X's the BB... button folds, SB folds and BB raises to 300, he had about 1400 in chips... so now normally, in the past, I would devalue my hand immediately and muck.. but this time.. I thought for a minute... this guy has been having his blinds stolen quite a bit... he is prolly protecting his blind with a marginal or less hand... he always raised big with a better then marginal hand and almost always folded to an all in...( or was it the other guy, heh ).. so, I go all in... he folds... and now I am no longer the short stack.. :) I finished 1st in this one... I was so happy with my damn self...

Another hand, KQ, i flopped the 'would be nut straight if your opponent did not have AK. At least I was suited and hit the 4 flush.. heh... that was the first hand of the tourney and I went all in and then was out.. oh well... I think that was my second or third last place finish outta 200 plus tourneys or so...

Finally, well, not finally as in finally, but finally as in this is all I'm gonna share at this time but I'll prolly think of something else to write about before the day is over.. I share with you this hand:

15/30 TOURNEYTEXASHTGAMETABLE (NL) (TOURNAMENT 7933904) - THU DEC 16 05:54:53 EST 2004
Table Table 11213 (Real Money) -- Seat 1 is the button
Total number of players : 6
Seat 1: tymhz (1035)
Seat 2: Slayre (700)
Seat 3: OrionEffect (760)
Seat 7: pattycake9 (745)
Seat 9: minitrader99 (2400)
Seat 10: jan32 (2360)
Slayre posts small blind (10)
OrionEffect posts big blind (15)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Slayre [ Qs, 2s ]
pattycake9 raises (30) to 30
minitrader99 folds.
jan32 calls (30)
tymhz calls (30)
Slayre calls (20)
OrionEffect folds.
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 9c, Qh, 5s ]
Slayre bets (670)
Slayre is all-In.
pattycake9 raises (715) to 715
pattycake9 is all-In.
jan32 folds.
tymhz folds.
** Dealing Turn ** : [ 2h ]
** Dealing River ** : [ Qd ]
Creating Main Pot with $1475 with Slayre
Creating Side Pot 1 with $45 with pattycake9
** Summary **
Main Pot: 1475 | Side Pot 1: 45
Board: [ 9c Qh 5s 2h Qd ]
tymhz balance 1005, lost 30 (folded)
Slayre balance 1475, bet 700, collected 1475, net +775 [ Qs 2s ] [ a full house, Queens full of twos -- Qs,Qh,Qd,2s,2h ]
OrionEffect balance 745, lost 15 (folded)
pattycake9 balance 45, bet 745, collected 45, lost -700 [ Ks Kh ] [ two pairs, kings and queens -- Ks,Kh,Qh,Qd,9c ]
minitrader99 balance 2400, didn't bet (folded)


This is one of those hands where I gave my 2 hole cards more value than I would have in the past... I was happy to see that Queen with two low cards.. altho, my kicker of a two was not all that promising.. I needed to get some of these limpers out...so I ask myself, what is the best way to do that.. then I say, fuck it, and I go all in.. not wanting any callers.....but look, the very next player calls me, oh shit, I'm out again.... then the turn and then the river, and I truly believe the hand would have turned out the same way had i just bet on the flop and then called KK's in reraise, which i am sure he would have done... turn would have given me two pair.. and I would have prolly put him in AQ or KQ.... and checked, then maybe he goes all in and I call, or maybe he checks.. point is, prolly really didn't mattre when I went all in with this hand, results would have been the same...

anyway.. he was rather perturbed that I went in with Q2, i said, no.. I went in with QQ 9 5.. then he got more mad.. I said, 'Don't you know, KK doesn't meant a whole lot on Party Poker?' and someone said, 'usually means second place'. heh, i thought that was pretty funny.....

Oh, one reason i didn't feel like playing earlier in the evening, is cuz I spent 3 hours replacing/learning how to replace my ex's kitchen faucets, tubing, and shut off valves... I think I have it down pretty good now.. so.. if you want any pointers.. just holler...

No comments: