Friday, December 10, 2004

still grinding..

Ok, well, I'm not much in a blogging mood right now.. tons of work to do.. but, need to update all my loyal readers on my poker escapades from the last few days....

I went and played in a local tourney last tuesday night... and won 1st place..with another gentleman, we decided it was getting late, so we split the pot... I took a cue from Pauly and set myself up with a buzznet account, and put some pics I took from tuesday night up there..

Dean, the tourney director at Clicks, invited me to play in the main game on Wednesday, so, i accepted.. I came in 4th place, 2 places shy of the money...

I played the best poker I have ever played both tuesday and wednesday night.. I was a machine, a monster.. I had so much confidence with every single move I made.. bluffing, semi bluffing, check raising, all ins, reading other players.. God, the feeling was euphoric(sp). The hand I lost on, wednesday, AQs, I go all in and get called with A8s. Flop is rag, 8, rag, and the turn and river are rags too.. I had no complaints... got commended for excellent play by several players...

Online.. I have lil to know confidence online.. but, yesterday, i tried to ride my rush playing live, onto my party poker and UB gaming time... well, yippee... lost 22 dollars on UB, won 25 dollars on Party Poker, ring games both places... UB im still working off a bonus, PP, i decided to start back up cuz of the free t-shirt offer... only two hundred raked hands... just a few hours... so, i took my initial depost back from PP, leaving me 25.05 and played a few 5+1 SNG's, won a couple, played some more ring games to get the shirt, lost bout half my money, played a few more SNG's and now have 34 or so dollars, which is all profit... same with the 4 dollars I have left on UB.

So, I'm still over 100 ahead, if you count paying for Theory of Poker and PokerTracker...

My favorite aunt is in town, spent some time with her last night.. that is always a blast...

going to my granddaughters xmas party at her daycare today.. she is 4 years old.. this will be fun...

got live tourneys tonight.. will use time to try out different strategies.....

babysitting niece and nephew most of saturday, sat. night, and half of sunday.. they don't get to see me enuff, and vicy versy, so, this will be way cool...

Oh, lost 20 of 25 bucks on UB, all on one hand... I had AJs, and flop was KQ10 rainbow.. it was just button and me in the hand, i bet 2 bucks, he called.. turn is a 7, i bet the pot, about 5 bucks.. he calls... hmmm, I say... he has a set, 2 pair, or a straight, no flush possible.., river is 10... hmmmmm, he could have 4 of a kind, but, he would have bet it different... full house, not likely..prolly would have raised the set on the turn... all in a go, with my flopped straight... he had 10 7. full house... i imagine had i bet more on the flop, he might not have called with just a pair of tens.. but on the turn, with 2 pair, he prolly put me on A low kicker, or K low kicker..or anything but the straight...so he calls the pot bet with his 2 pair...then the river..which looks fairly harmless to me..puts a huge smile on his face, no way he won't call whatever I bet.... I had just read the beginning of Theory of Poker and it talks about good players get drawn out on more often than bad players cuz they usually have money in the pot with the best hand, ie, they don't put money in with bad hands.... so, I thought about that and decided that even tho the punk ass 10 7 dingleberry took my 20 bucks with a suck out, it was ok, cuz, I didn't make any horribly wrong decisions...

No comments: