Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Talking to yourself, or myself

Encouraging yourself, telling yourself, its ok, you've been in worse spots... you will get it back.. don't get all tilted... don't be an idiot.. if you can't calm down, log off and come back latre....

Am I the only one that talks to myself like that, or am I in a group of great folks?

Today.. I got home, fired up UB, not really wanting to play... sign #1.

$25 dollar table? No, I go right to the $50 dollar table... sign #2.

Then I go and put way more value on A10o then any one sane person should, down 20 bucks, with just 2 hands... sign #3.

I know, I'll just play in a SNG and get that 20 bucks back easy... sign #4.

Now about the 5th or 6th hand of the SNG, already down 200 chips from 1000, I go and put way more value on QJs then any one sane person should, busted out of that.... sign #5.

Ok, now I'm really talking to myself, alot, and yelling at myself as well..... I switch to the $25 dollar table, before things start to get more than ugly.. and I wait two orbits before I finally sit in.... ... more importantly, I pay attention to what I am telling myself, as I watch what unfolds for 20 hands....

My first hand is 83o. I laugh my ass off.......and I almost call the raise that the SB put before me.... and I should have.. but, I figured it bettre to give him .50cents, instead of more.... no flop was seen.. if your wondering why I found 83o so funny, read the entry before this one....

OK, I get pretty much nothing for the next orbit, back on BB again, and guess what.......83s. Well now.. the demon hand from hell is suited this time... everyone limps in, SB matches BB, and I check...flopped three of my suit....everyone checks around, same thing on the turn...SB checks river, I bet .50 on my flush...and everyone folds... I won 5 bucks.. putting me about 4 bucks ahead, minus the earlier losses....

Now, a friend logs on and I go to his table and start yapping with him... trying to talk him into joining some of the blogger games on Party, stuff like that... and I decide since my game is going nowhere fast, cuz now I'm back down to only 1 buck over my 25 dollar buyin, I guess I could have just said 26 bucks, anyway... I tell my friend, Im gonna take a break and go eat, and leave his table.. to see, KK on my table.. hmm, well, i guess one more hand... flopped a K and called a guy to the river for a 12 buck win.. woo hoo... next hand is trash and is basically folded to the BB... im like, molecules from clicking 'leave table'... and the hand is dealt...

AA sweet baby Jesus!! Where have you been all my life... and I'm in the BB....there are two limpers, and the SB, he bets like 2.50, so I raise... and he reraises, and I reraise, and he goes all in... and he has me covered... now there is no flop yet, I've got AA and I'm supposed to call this.... only one other player.... I've already got 75% of my money in there.... how can I not call this.... so you know me.. do I call...

I ain't no fucktard, hell yeah I call.....

Now the cards on UB, heads up all in, don't always show up till after the river, sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.. I haven't really figured it out.... anyway.. I didn't know what 2 hole cards he had.... the flop, turn, river were all 9 or less with 2 8's, and 2 5's.. sumtin like 8 5 9 8 5.....

I had 39 dollars in that pot... and when it was over, and his two hole cards were revealed....guess what...

go ahead, guess.....

QQ... :) I practically dbl'd up twice in less than 2 minutes... from $50, to $25, to $39, to $78... sign #6.

The next thing.. the next hand... 83o.... I rejected the SB, and got the frick outta there........then I came here to share.. while it was fresh on my mind...

Now, I know, that these amounts are chump change for some of ya'll.... but, for me, it is alot....considering about a month ago I was -$400.00, and having been building back up from $6.53 ever since.... that $78.00 is above all deposits.. ie, its all earnings...

I'm pretty stoked again... got another freeroll on ABsolute poker, coming up in about 20 minutes.. one of their WSOP package thingies.. I'll have to check out exactly what I'm playing for in these things, one of these days... not today tho.. heh....

I got to figure out why I seem to be getting 83o just about every other hand it seems..... there has got to be sumtin to this.....ya think? Hmmm...

(Edit: I made an error.. it's $71.00, not $78.. must of had $35 dollars and some change in there.....still stoked tho....)

No comments: