Thursday, December 30, 2004

Poker'd Out...

Man, last couple days, I just have not felt like playing poker... I wonder if I have been long away from the live games... I had wanted to go to one since last weekend, however, dinging my car up prevented that, as I was not sure how safe it was to drive the car to far... However, no, I have it back, and it is safe to drive, so to speak.....

So, I log on after work, and it is impossible to get into a $5.00 SnG on UB.. Downright impossible... by the time the list is updated, they have already started the game and most times, dealt a hand or two... and, I've got cable, so, my connection is not exactly slow, besides, I never had that problem on PP. My guess is, they just decided not to offer as many of the lower limit buyins..., because, the $13 and up buyins are always availible....... so, I look for freerolls... blah blah, yada yada..... just was not in the mood to play.. not at all... Had rockets 3 seperate times last night... only played for maybe 1 hour.. 3 rockets, 3 different games... lost 1 dollar at the $25 ring game... was kinda funny.. sat down into BB right away and it got folded around to me..., so, I'm plus .25 before I even get a good look at my cards.... and once I post the SB, I'm even, so, I got my first two hands for free.... heh...I won a couple, lost a couple.. won one, lost one.. ended up quitting at $24, just could not get into the mindset...

Latre on, after I woke up way to early... I managed to get into a $1+.20 SNG.. yes, just 1 dollar..... took 3rd place... cashed in 2 bucks.. making my poker end at

-.20, not too bad... I am happy to report, that to the best of my recollection, I was not dealt 83o at all, not one single time.. and believe you me, I was looking, because I was going to log everyone of them so I could prove it....

I used to ask myself, in certain situations, playing poker, 'What would Daniel N. do?' But, after watching on Cruisin to a Million last night, along with Erik, Barry, and some others... I don't think I will ask that anymore... Now, I know he is a great player, but I just did not get the strategies these guys were using.. granted, it was limit, but still... to 3 and 4 bet to the river, being called and raised all the way, WITH NOTHING in your hand.... and Daniel looked like he was just praying for LUCK.. which was in his favor at the beginning.... alas tho, I have no right to judge these people... just seemed odd... smart players playing so dumb.

I'm looking to be at a blogger table come Saturday/Sunday, if one is available.. so look out!!!

No comments: