Friday, December 31, 2004

Goodbye 2004...

This year, horrible things happened to me, relationshipwise.. and I'm loathe to even exist when midnight rolls around, hopefully, I'll just be passed out by then....

But, thats me... lost a lil last night...ugh! As I type this, I remember how I lost 6 dollars without even trying....

I had several screens open, some were poker related, some were email related, and one or two were IE related... I was at a $25 dollar table on UB, waiting for the BB to come around to me... messing around here and there... and about to click on God knows what, when UB informed me it was my turn to act, by bringing its window to the front... unfortunately for me, my reflexes aren't what they used to be.. so, I could not stop my clicky finger from completing it's goal to left click on the afore mentioned God Knows what, and as a result, I clicked on 'bet pot'. I had not even seen what my 2 hole cards were, how many were still in, what the pot was.. none of the normal things you do, before you bet the pot....

The pot, was at $5.50... .50 cents was my big blind, .25 from the small blind..., the only other person in at this time, has a bet of $2.50 in front of him.. and it looks like maybe one had raised to a dollar and another called.. I'm not sure.. I was pretty ticked off to have just put 6 bucks into a pot without meaning too.....

I held, A2o, not the worst of hands...but, by the time I get to this point, this point of figuring out just what had transpired... the other guy asks me to my remaining $19.00 in the pot... he prolly thought he was reraising my raise, but since technically, I didn't raise, he was not reraising.. regardless... I almost called that sucker.. but, I figured him for at the very least, JJ, but most likely, AA or KK.. how the hoot would I know.. I was paying attention to the table... I was doing other things... so, I mucked....

Now, that was a pisser for sure, but, my very next hand... and I swear this is true... 83o...... and it sneered at me.. snickered at me.. glared at me.. it's sinister voice daring me to play it.. and I was going to call the extra .25 to call it, that decision was made days ago... but, someone raised up to $5, and I just could not bear to be $11 down with just two hands....

I played in a 6 max $5 SNG and took 4th, cuz, well, I'm just dumb.... then started up a reg. $5 SNG and took second... which bought me back my buyins for those two tourneys. There was also a $1 SNG, and I took second in that, which payed 2 bucks...so I ended the evening just about <-6> bucks... still having a hard time sticking out cash games for more than an hour....its easier when you take a couple nice pots early on.....ah well...

Took 91st outta 1500 on Absolutes $25 dollar freeroll... again, just got bored and started not caring what I played...plus, it was late.. and a work night.. played in another of their WSOP thingys.. appears the top 5 from each of the freerolls play at end of the month for a seat at wsop, and other sundries... they have 2 or 3 or so of these a day... I suppose I should concentrate really hard on placing in one of these....



No comments: