Wednesday, December 15, 2004

ugh! those pre flop raisers!!!

Last night, I had decided to make a point, to loosen up my starting requirements, in the SNG's, for the first 2 rounds of blinds.... I had decided, to pretty much come in with anything, pretty much, as long as the price was right...

First set of two cards I would not normally play, that I decide to call the BB...
K 3 offsuit.. I'm on the button. I should prolly play this hand anyway, but, normally i wouldn't.. anyway.. this time, I'm gonna play it.. see the flop, and bow out if necessary.. everyone decides to take forever to decide to limp in....except for one person.. the person right to my right.. he goes All-in for 755 chips.. I have 775 chips. I muck my K 3 off suit.

He gets one caller and is busted out... the caller was the big blind, with K 4 suited. The board was K rag rag rag rag 3. the all in dude had 2 queens.

Next chance I get one of those hands that i would not normally play, couple hands latre.. A 6 suited. Not bad.. like to play it normally, only in good position... I'm im middle position now.. and prolly would normally call if no raises... well....there are 2 folds, then mr. "im almost out of chips so i bettre go all in with 10 9 s", goes all in... its only 225, I still have 775, so, i call, figuring the blinds will prolly muck.... no, SB makes it 450, BB makes it all of his 1600 or so chips.... I muck...

BB had KQs, SB folded to BB all in... initial All in had 10 9s... they the same suit...BB wins, K high.... argh!!!!

I fold about 20 hands in a row, cuz I know I'm tilted.....

AA shows up...6 of us left.. I'm low stack. All in.. one caller.. he flips KK.. yay, I'm ahead.. Flop is K 10 2 or such.... ARGHHHHH!! turn is 8 or sumtin.. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I've already got my mouse pointer on 'Leave Table'..... river is


Ace!!!!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!! I took second. :)

I'm very agressive with 6 players or less.. more confident... and I can't seem to play that way with 10 people... ie, early in the tourney... if I could.. it seems i would never lose... its wierd.... maybe I'm letting my bad beats early on prevent me from playing a good game early on.... knowing my confidence will be there with 6 players or less...... I don't have the bankroll to take too many chances.... and free money tourneys are completely different, so practice there is not an option... ah well... maybe i should wear a different pair of shorts...

No comments: