Friday, January 07, 2005

Killing germans is like therapy

That prolly is not the best way to title this post.... ah well... I loathe changing original thoughts... here is the deal.. only poker I have played in last 2 days or so is the WSOP NLHE Freeroll on Absolute and I couldn't get my mind into it, even tho before the first round of blinds was over, I was well into the 9k chip range, due to an amazing run of cards, and a lil bit of suck out luck... didn't mattre tho... cuz, even tho my passion for Poker, Hold Em in particular, is great vast and immense... it does not compare to my passion for movies... what I had done, was register for the tourney immediately when it became open, about an hour before it started.. then i went to Target and bought myself some stuff... Dual Alarm Clock Radio, Saving Private Ryan on DVD, Dark Blue on DVD, Medal of Honor:Allied Assault::Warchest...

by the time I got back home, the tourney had just started... I was the first BB and I missed that hand... won the next three hands.. folded a couple times... won about 3 hands.. yada yada... but the whole time... All I was really thinking about, was the special features on the SPR DVD I just bought, or is this Dark Blue movie as good at the critics say it is, it has Kurt Russell in it.. couldn't be all that bad.. he played Elvis for christ sakes.. more than once in fact....... so, I blew the tourney off and watched the movie... and it was good....then I installed MOH and killed germans for about 5 hours..... hence, the title...... not thinking about poker hands, odds...and such... was a nice change of pace....

These were not real germans.. they were computer generated germans...and they kilt me a fair number of times as well....

Thanks to SirFWalgman, author of Online Poker Thoughts, for the kind words....

I havent played live in over a month and I think the change of pace will help my game.... my bankroll is at zero dollars.... I am even, but, not particulary happy about starting my build all over again.... gonna try to recreate how I started the whole venture, and leave out the mistakes... live play was there in the beginning, so, I need to start doing that again more regulary.. despite the poor prize odds and travel and time and other overlooked necessities of life.... besides, sometimes hot chicks show up, smile at you, and for a second, you believe you have a chance....

MOH came with two expansions.. neithre of which will install... argh.... prolly have to return it for store credit... might get World of Warcraft.. but, if it is like DAoC, it will end up sucking the soul, what is left of it, from my life....

No comments: