Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Wasn't gonna play...

..Last night.. but, I did anyway.... ended up only a lil bit behind, and a whole lot frustrated..... just couldn't catch anything.. nothing, zilch... that and being gun shy.... one game, I did manage to get a pretty good run of cards for about 5 hands in a row, that took me from t290 up to t3300. ended that one in second.

early in the tourny, you got 10 9s, and you think, Im going to raise if no one else does, and if they do, I'll call it, then raise thier first bet.... now the blinds are 5 and 10, and UTG goes all in for 800.. ok, well, guess I'll fold....

still early in the tourny and you have AJs and you are UTG and raise 3xBB and then 2 seats down, a raise of 5x your raise, and couple more seats an all in, then a caller on the all in..... i folded...... board ends up with a jack and an ace and the winner of the the hand has QJo...

very next hand, QJs, well, we think this is bettre than QJo, lets check since there are no raises.... flop is 654.... SB bets the pot... ok, i call.... 2 more callers, then a raise... im out of this hand too...... SB hand 66 so this one didn't hurt too much...pride wise...

those are three outta bout 5 or 6 different situations that I struggled thru last night, constantly... it was never ending........

Once, I had KK and 3 people were all in before me.....all of them had me covered.... i mucked cuz, i figured, 1 or 2 of them were out, and i would still be in..... they had 10's, 6's and the other had AJs.....AJ won with a flush...took the other two out and had a tremendous chip lead....

I'm trying to play less tight, I really am... but it seems like no one wants me to... seriously here is what happens.. im on the button with 4 players... everyone folds to BB, same thing next hand, now im BB and everyone bets or raises... now im SB and the other two fold and leave me with 6so or some shit to fold to BB, which I do fold, cuz well, cuz it is prudent.... this happens, like 5 times in a row... everyone folds to the BB, unless the BB is me.....then they all bet like maniacs...luckily, 2 of those times, i had the bettre hand.... but still.. dingle berry over here has like 1.5 BB, you have 10+BB and you fold your SB to him... 1/2 a bet you give him.... now he is catching up to the other short stack... argh..

over and over and over and over... people just waiting to slide into the money... I played about 30 tourneys... and came just shy of breaking even for the day... when I tried to be aggressive and take control, I would lose to a suck out... I can not recall one time I did not go all in with the worst of it... and this is easy to recall, since I don't go all in all that much..... I tried to be passive and play only the premium hands... and just not getting them... time and time again, the bluffer would steal blinds and pots, over and over.. the maniac would just run away with the chips.... EXCEPT, if i had a hand.... every single fricking time I had sumtin to challenge him with, he would fold before my turn to act.... happened alot...so,

i said, let me be that dude..... first hand... raised to 100 with 4 people in at a 15BB, and got 4 callers... WTF!..... i had crap and bet 50 after the flop, next guy, raise to 100, next guy raise to 200, next guy called.... i've got 53o with a painted flop.... its like, they fucking know what I have... at every single table I play at..... at any site..... time to change my handle, perhaps... maybe..

on the other side... I did manage a few suckouts on my own... usually str8 or flush draws... 3 of kind... but no where near enuff to make up for the ones agaisnt me......

Worst moment... second or third hand of a tourney.. AQs... 3 all ins before me... I went to the tank.. keep in mind, I had played about 20 tourneys already..... I wasn't ready to lose another, and especially so early in the game... so I mucked.... turns out i would have won that hand and quaded up.... ah well, still took second in that one.. took me a few hands to untilt tho.... swearing next time i get AQs, its all in baby...... so did I? heh... don't know, haven't gotten it yet... :)

I think I will start ignoring my starting cards and just bet on a hunch... prolly do alot bettre....