Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Poker on an Empty stomach..

..not a good thing.... I was literally starving last night, when I arrived at Razoo's, to play in another APL tourney... I had 11 dollars.. I could have ordered sumtin, but I decided to wait until after the tourney....by the time we got to two tables... I felt like I was literally going to passout... and I am sure, my unconcious antics had everyone believing I was on some sort of tilt...

I played alot more hands than 2, this time... busted out in 14th place.. good enuff for a few points... first 3 hands of the tourneys would have been big winners for me, had I not folded them preflop... I need to stick by my 'play any unraised flop early in the tourney' strategy. I do not know why I do not... chicken shit comes to mind......

First hand I played was AKs, flopped a A and bet strong to take a medium size pot..

Second hand, KK.. guy before me bet like t500 on top of a t200 BB.. I went all in with T3300 ( guy to my left was calling all of the ALL IN bets, apparently, he had to leave.. ya right ), and initial raiser called. So, my t3300, me+1 had exact same amount, and the other guy had T3000 total... about T10k, with the blinds... so I gleefully flip my KK over... next guy flips JJ and the instigator flips 77. I never felt so 50/50 and all my life... and I prolly should have felt 33/33/33. But, isn't that the same, in a wierd math sort of way.. KK held up and I had a huge chip advantage.. to go along with my huge hunger pains...

Went up a bit more with K6.. raised with it... one caller.. flop had Kxx... caller checked, so I went all in... he folded K8.. he would have won... not sure what it was that made him fold.. timid I guess.. another nice medium size pot...

Called an ALL in with 2/3 my stack a lil latre... 66... got beat by A9o, think he got a 9 on the turn... so, now my hunger is starting to make me do stupid things... at least alot more stupid than I had been playing...

Not long after that 66 fiasco.. should have folded that... I was easily gonna coast into the final table.. anyhoo.... after that, we had only 2 tables left.. final 16.. all point winners.. i didn't care anymore... I started praying for anything that even looked remotely interesting to go all in with my 3 remaining chips ( t15k ). yes, T15000... you have to understand how the blind structure works in these tourneys... suffice to say.. I had 22 1k chips... and with my second to last hand, I had about T3000... went up agaisnt the BB with T1500 and he won...

Last hand I had A9s, all in with T1500 and two callers..... hit a pair of A's on the river, which also gave the winner a straight... he was BB with 34.. heh.. I had squandered anything I might have had to been able to bet him out of that 34...as it was.. I only had enuff to call the BB... all well..

My friend had left an hour or so earlier to go get some burgers... and I was sure he was back by now and I was happy to be out of the tourney so I could leave the restaurant and eat a burger.... and some fries... my friend had not made it back yet.... argh.... he did show up about 20 minutes latre tho... and I devoured some food.. went home and to bed.. and now look.. here I am telling you about it... to the best of my knowledge...

The only part I recall 100%... I was damn hungry.

No comments: