Wednesday, August 03, 2005

The Oracle

Oracle9i Database Administration Fundamentals I to be more exact...

Taking this class this week... which severly curtails any poker playing, as it is from 9 to 5, I normally work from 6 to 3, to avoid traffic... traffic in Austin sucks.. big time... anyway.. get done with class about 5 or so, and because of the affore mentioned traffic... don't get home til like 6:30 or 7.. latre, if I need to stop somewhere...

but it is all good... planned to take a break anyway.. plus, learning new skills... hopefully, I will get to use them...

The State, to which I am gainfully employed, is notorious for sending us to classes and then never giving us the opportunity to use anything we might have learned in those classes.. I am hoping this is not the case, this time.

I did take 3rd in a 3 table fun money SNG on UB... prolly coulda done bettre, but, I just got bored.... I played maybe 6 hands up til the final 3...won each one of them too... then I started playing every hand, and the 3 of us must have switched chip leader position 5 or 6 times between us.. The first time I took the chip lead, the current leader bet big from the button, I had K6s, and stated in chat that I am calling only because I am bored... and I actually raised... he put me all in and I turned a flush.... woo hoo.. not so bored now...

Lil latre, started to get bored again... we were all about even.... same guy made another big bet from same position, and I had K6s again.. so I stated, 'I beat you once before with this hand ', and we ended up all in again... and I think this time I beat him with two pair..

Another 20 minutes went by and my stomach was yelling at me to eat...and my butt was hurting and I had a movie I wanted to watch and some other stuff, but enuff to take my mind completely off of poker... so, I just went all in with J8s and got called and he won.. leaving me with 3rd... all good... then I ate some pizza, while trying to watch Alone in the Dark, and soon was laying in my bed, massaging my sore bum, drifting off to la la land......

I have taken the advice of a loyal reader and have started putting away a lil money each month... and hopefully in 3 or 4 months... I will have enuff to actually be called a decent bankroll and I can start playing in the higher limit games again.... I figure if I can sit there for 5 to 6 hours to win 2 or 3 bucks on the AP MTT freerolls, I can certainly wait 3 or 4 months to put myself in a position to win hundreds of dollars.... I still play the free rolls tho... cept, now, I will play them as if I have nothing to lose.. as opposed to playing them to finish ITM... and well, the only loss is the time....

I wish I had more connections to some of the regular tourneys and cash games going on here locally, but, I just don't.... ah well, that could very well be a good thing...

before I close this, want to thank Pauly for some kind words of inspiration he took the time out to share with me, and he certainly did not have to.

Peace

No comments: