Saturday, September 03, 2005

How I went out 7th at the Ausint WPBT invitational

AQs vs AA vs 10

I had the AQs... got a Q on the turn, but, that was it...

I stayed up til 4 in the morning drinking beer and as a result, ended up at the tourney with a hangover that just got steadily worse... which is what caused me to use poor judgement and make a rookie mistake... I have one hell of a headache still, as it was only like 10 minutes ago I got beat....

The tourney was awesome... great people were there and Adam was/is such a gracious host.. it was great to see ScottMc and April again... couple people I work with were there, and I see them everyday, so, that wasn't special in the least... and met some fine people... Adam, Ryan, Linsey, Jeremy, Carl, and some others whose name I don't remember...

We had 3 tables to start... my table had, from my seat ( 5 ) going left, me, linsey, scottmc, ernie, ryan, russ, and another guy whose name I did not get...

I got crap cards for 3 orbits... literally.. nothing higher than an 8 high... and ryan came out gunning.... nothing too terribly special happened at this table.. I had two good hands that payed very lil.. AK and KK.. actually had a couple all-in vs Scottmc, which he won both of, severly crippling me and pretty much knocking the wind out of me... lost the guy to my right.. and then we went to two tables shortly after that...

second table, again from me, in seat 3 me, nice lady, nice young man, ernie, scottmc, linsey, jeremy, april... since scottmc had all my chips.. I had to wait for something decent, being cautious and cunning.. the cautious part was easy, cuz jeremy was raising pretty much every hand and I never or rarely anyway, had anything.. he was kind enuff to fold tho, when someone challenged him... for me it happened just once.. went over his 'mandatory' raise with AJ and he let me have it.. two big hands i recall from this table..

Linsey slowed played a flopped 4 of a kind (5's) to perfection.. and really took a big chunk out of jeremys stack....

other hand all i had been able to do, based on the cards i was getting, is make a steal or check while in bb.. well, had 73 in BB, and was able to check it...flop came 7 3 sumtin or the other... april was in and bet, i called.. turn was sumtin, she bet a lil bigger and i went over, all in, with about like 700... so the pot was like 2k maybe.... sumtin like that.. anyway, she flipped a str8 draw, and didnt get it on the river, so, now I am back in the game...

final table had.....

from me again, in seat 6 me, linsey, carl, adam, russ, guy i dont know, jeremy, april...

few hands went by before the one that put me out..

here is what i did wrong.. basically, i was not paying attention...

I was in the BB.. I saw jeremy go all in with 725, I already had 150 in, and had like 3500 in chips or so, so I called..... next thing I know, russ is raising me 500.... i didnt even frickin know he was in the hand...... i just went all in on instinct alone.. and he called... with AA.. jermey had 10 10, me, AQspades..

no more drinking before a tourney for me... I should have eithre just mucked, or at the very least, given it some thought for about 10 seconds..... ah well...

It was fun..... much much much fun... can't wait to do it again....


Thanks again Adam, and April, for setting it up and all that....

No comments: