Monday, January 29, 2007

New Ice, not so nice

Well... last week it was cold and wet here in Austin, and surrounding areas... cold and wet enuff to make ice.. lots of ice.... and a bit of snow in some places.. Now mind you, alot of people here in Austin would have called it 'alot of snow', but, I've been to places with actual snowfall, and believe me, it was not really even snow.. but, who am I to pop anyone's bubble..

April took a few photos.

For me.. it meant not having to work Tuesday or Wednesday of last week.. Monday was already a holiday.. but, since we got behind, I ended up working Friday(another holiday), and Saturday, to help catch up... They talked about working 12-16 hour shifts this week...but, that was not gonna happen for me, certainly not on Monday (yesterday).

I've been catching a bit of American Idol... and it is only because I can not find anything else halfway interesting enuff to pass the time.. ( on tv anyway ). Same ol crap from all the other shows.. I think the next show has them in Memphis.. make way for Elvis, he is sure to make an appearance or two, or three.

Pretty much zero poker online.. I pretty much quit with the announcement of the illegal online gambling thing. I still like to play live, and need to make more of an effort to actually go out and play live... City of Heroes/Villains is not helping much.. If they ever add some sort of hold em to this game, as an 'in-game'. I will be in trouble..

I am currently in the market for a new home.. I would like to stop the apartment living and move into an actual home. Even a 'manufactured' home would be good enough for me. I've looked at a few, and they are nothing like what they had when I lived in one as a child. Anyway, this endeavor prevents me from spending to much money on things that are, hmm, lets say, not exactly necessary.. booze, hookers, and poker.. Hopefully, by the end of March, I will be in a new home... maybe I can host my own poker tourneys, and people will come to me..... ok, well, its a thought.

I haven't seen any standout movies lately.. I did catch a few lil known films on an off channel the other night..
Hell in the Pacific - directed by John Boorman, starring Lee Marvin and Toshiro Mifune
Deliverance (prolly well known) - directed by John Boorman(imagine that), starring Burt Reynolds, Ned Beatty, Jon Voight, Ronnie Cox
To Late the Hero - directed by Robert Aldritch, starring Cliff Robertson and Michael CaineI forget which channel, prolly TCM (Turner Classic Movies).

Welp, back to work for me...

peace

( i had to redo this post due to an anon comment... couldn't figure out how to delete the comment.. have turned on second level of comment security... sigh )

No comments: