Thursday, November 18, 2004

So so night

Didn't do as well in the SnG's tonight has I have been doing.. played 6 and only took two 3rd places... did horrible in the MTT, again...

I did double up from 27.00 to 54 in a ring game tho...blinded down to 50.00 and called it quits... I had pocket 8's and the flop was 5 5 5, the 4 callers checked, turn was J( i think ), check to me, I bet 3.00, fold, raise to 10.00, fold, then I go all in for 27 and some change.. he thinks a bit, and calls..... he had KQ.. I was not proud of pushing in...he had some outs, not to mention possibly having the 4th 5.., but, I figured, wth... I'm due another lesson anyway... turned out good for me..

started with $91, ended with $101. Not too bad... would have liked to have down bettre in the SnG's.. I suppose I just was not 'in the zone', or 'in the grove', or more likely, 'in the mood'. I feel that quitting when I did, is a positive step towards being a bettre poker player. I've read plenty where they say you shouldn't play drunk, tired, depressed, et al.. and well, I'm pretty tired again.. ( fricking work getting in the way of my poker again ).

Bit of a interesting debate going on over at Talking Poker, about the validity or such of mucking or not mucking pocket Ace's on the first hand of a MTT when there are 2 or 3 ALL INs before you. I find myself as I usually do, feeling I have intelligent thoughts to share, only lacking the ability to cleary express my thoughts from brain to type...it makes sense to me in my head, and I type it all out, read it, then wonder what the hell I am talking about...

Coats for Kids are looking for volunteers to help out this year on December 11 to pass out coats to families that can not otherwise afford them. Its a good organization and I helped out last year.. was alot of fun.. very rewarding... they also need help before that day, with collecting, sorting and such...

Well, that is it for now... blogging is fun, poker is fun... :)

2 comments:

Amanda Rodewald said...

Wow! I don't know if I've ever "inspired" anyone before... and apparently inspired you to post much more often than I do ;-) Sounds like you're much more of a gambler than me, you're playing way above my head. I'm too scared of swings playing 10+1, even 5+.50 SnGs scare me a bit. It just feels like it would be too easy to get a bad run of cards, tilt a bit, and burn through 8 or 10 losers. Of course, I'm guessing you're quite a bit more disciplined than I am. I either start to get conceited (if I'm winning or suffering bad beats) or over-timid (if I'm making mistakes).

Anyway, nice place you've got here, I'll keep checking in on your quest. Good luck, maybe I'll see you in Grubby's tournament Sunday :-)

Slayre said...

HEH. I play the lowest limits and the lowest buy ins at Party... occasionally ill buy in to a 10+1, but I usually lose in an ugly way...so that is rare. I did win a 10+1 SnG yesterday tho.. that was nice.

And I'm more on the timid end that i care to be.. prolly due to my miniscule bankroll. hoping to change that in a couple weeks...