Tuesday, March 08, 2005

ProJo Poker

I did not feel much like playing last night... moreso to the fact, I did not feel much like losing last night.... I dreaded sitting down and firing up any poker site..... this was a huge self tell.... I went to Starluck and continued my quest to dbl my buyin..... got another 50 bucks wagered.. at a cost of about 4 bucks... not too terribly bad.....

I've also been fiddling with a new site.... ProJo Poker, well, new to me anyway.. they are aligned with the Amateur Poker League and since I am a member.. I signed up, upgraded my player account, got 5 bucks and 2 copper coins...

I'll tell you a lil more about this....first tho, if your interested in checking it out and are a member of the APL, then, you prolly already know about it...if not a member, I think they have a pretty good first deposit bonus.. anyway... IF you do decide to check it out... and they ask you who referred you... tell them....

5340005009 referred you... I haven't attempted to change my sign in yet...

So, they have like a step challenge.. step one costs .20 +.02 1st and second gets a copper coin, which you can buy into step 2 with.. or pay .94 +.06. Top three of step two get copper coins.... for step three, which you can also buy into for a couple bucks... now, step three pays silver bars.... for.......step 4.. or buyin for significanly more than a couple bucks... and step 4 pays.... GOLD bars.....for you guessed it... Step 5... the buyin for step 5 I think, was 84 dollars... I could be off...anyway.. that is as many steps as I saw on the list... I never made it past step 2... my copper and my 5 dollars are gone.. heh.. was alot of fun tho.... never ever seen so many 2 outters hit.. was amazing....

Anyway, did that... played a freebie on Absolute, couldn't get anything going.... think I will start being more agressive with those freebies... get my stack built up quicker...

Also tried a freeroll on UB... finished in top half... nothing spectacular...

finally, about an hour before I went to bed.... I played in a 5+.50 and a 1+.10, on UB.... bubble in the fiver, second in the one dollar.. netting me <3.60>, plus the losses from blinds playing a 25NL table... working off my bonus....

Here is an example of how things went with th 25NL...

Im BB with Q9o....( blinds are .25/.50 )... by the time it gets to me.. the bet is $4 or more to play... not what I want......just working the bonus...

Im SB with A10s/o..... folded around to me, I raise 2xBB, or $1 to play... BB goes all in for 12+bucks.... not what I want..

I'm on the button with AA..... folded to me... I raise 2XBB... fold, fold... I net .75...... ( had I just called, someone would have hit a 2 outter, fer sure )

Part of it was, I just was not into it all that much and it was just sumtin to do while waiting for my turn on the other tables.....I just don't feel like playing poker... and since, I really don't 'have' to play poker.. then I won't... this is a good thing right....?

No comments: