Sunday, March 20, 2005

Weekend Poker

Ultimate bet.. I felt froggy.. I convinced myself to set my stop/loss at 50 bucks... question was, SNG's or Ring..... I played 5 $10+1 SNG's... results...

3 4th place
1 3rd place
1 2nd place

Total cost.. $55.00
Total return $50.00

Basically, except for the entry fee, I broke even... some would say, not too bad for 4 hours.... could have been worse.. I say, it sucked.. it could have been bettre... two of the 4th place finishes..my all powerful AA getting cracked my first JJ, then by Q10..... tomorrow morning, I think I will try two tabling $25NL..... see if that fairs bettre....

*******************
This next bit of weekend journaling will be short, as I am moocho miffed at myself... it is an example, recorded live, of how stupid I am when it comes to playing poker.. I give you, exihibit #1 and exhibit #2, two consecutive hands:


Hand #4938842-3461 at Dusseldorf (No Limit Hold'em)
Powered by UltimateBet
Started at 19/Mar/05 12:55:21

Buttas is at seat 1 with $9.
janus019 is at seat 2 with $24.59.
KADESMOMMIE6 is at seat 3 with $6.55.
mtoutlaw is at seat 4 with $19.50.
figarocleo is at seat 5 with $57.30.
RHH is at seat 6 with $36.50.
THIZpokerKID is at seat 7 with $34.67 (sitting out).
Slayre is at seat 8 with $24.40.
Billehthekid is at seat 9 with $23.65.
The button is at seat 7.

Slayre posts the small blind of $.25.
Billehthekid posts the big blind of $.50.

Buttas: -- --
janus019: -- --
KADESMOMMIE6: -- --
mtoutlaw: -- --
figarocleo: -- --
RHH: -- --
Slayre: 6d 6c
Billehthekid: -- --

Pre-flop:

Buttas folds. janus019 folds. KADESMOMMIE6 folds.
mtoutlaw folds. figarocleo calls. RHH folds.
Slayre calls. Billehthekid checks.

Flop (board: 6h Jh 8c):

Slayre checks. Billehthekid checks. figarocleo bets
$1.50. Slayre calls. Billehthekid folds.

Turn (board: 6h Jh 8c Td):

Slayre checks. figarocleo bets $2. Slayre raises to
$4. figarocleo calls.

River (board: 6h Jh 8c Td 2d):

Slayre bets $12.50. figarocleo calls.

Showdown:

Slayre shows 6d 6c.
Slayre has 6d 6c 6h Jh Td: three sixes.
figarocleo mucks cards.
(figarocleo has Jd Th.)


Hand #4938842-3461 Summary:

$1.85 is raked from a pot of $37.50.
Slayre wins $35.65 with three sixes.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Pretty good, right, put me at $41, $16 bucks up.... now watch what I did with it.

Getting Hand History Information...
----------------------------------------------------------------

Hand #4938842-3462 at Dusseldorf (No Limit Hold'em)
Powered by UltimateBet
Started at 19/Mar/05 12:56:56

Buttas is at seat 1 with $9.
janus019 is at seat 2 with $24.59.
KADESMOMMIE6 is at seat 3 with $6.55.
mtoutlaw is at seat 4 with $19.50.
figarocleo is at seat 5 with $38.80.
RHH is at seat 6 with $36.50.
Slayre is at seat 8 with $41.55.
Billehthekid is at seat 9 with $23.15.
The button is at seat 8.

Billehthekid posts the small blind of $.25.
Buttas posts the big blind of $.50.

Buttas: -- --
janus019: -- --
KADESMOMMIE6: -- --
mtoutlaw: -- --
figarocleo: -- --
RHH: -- --
Slayre: Qh Th
Billehthekid: -- --

Pre-flop:

janus019 folds. KADESMOMMIE6 calls. mtoutlaw folds.
figarocleo folds. RHH folds. Slayre calls.
Billehthekid folds. Buttas checks.

Flop (board: Ks Qd Ts):

Buttas checks. KADESMOMMIE6 checks. Slayre bets
$1.75. Buttas calls. KADESMOMMIE6 calls.

niether one of them wasted anytime calling me.... I opted not to raise for some reason that escapes me at the moment...

Turn (board: Ks Qd Ts 6d):

Buttas checks. KADESMOMMIE6 checks. Slayre bets $7.
Buttas goes all-in for $6.75. KADESMOMMIE6 folds.
Slayre is returned $.25 (uncalled).

They both check...so I bet the pot again, I've plenty of chips, right? two pair always wins, right?

River (board: Ks Qd Ts 6d 2c):

(no action in this round)

Showdown:

Slayre shows Qh Th.
Slayre has Qh Th Ks Qd Ts: two pair, queens and tens.
Buttas shows Jh Ac.
Buttas has Jh Ac Ks Qd Ts: straight, ace high.


Hand #4938842-3462 Summary:

$1 is raked from a pot of $20.50.
Buttas wins $19.50 with straight, ace high.

So, I need a Q or a T, which as you see, I did not get.... sadness ensued...well, not sadness.... banging my head on the monitor chanting, I'm an idiot, I'm an idiot!!!

*********************************

6 1/2 hours on a freeroll at Absolute, to win 5 bucks..... first was 10, 2 thru 9 is 5 dollars.. I placed somewhere between 2 and 8... cuz, shortly after number 9 went bust, I logged off.. I hope you don't have to be logged on to get the money.... this is significant, because 1) 2000 entrants... and 2) I must of entered a kazillion of these and finally did something right... now i can use that 5 bucks and hopefully build it up to something.. altho, I don't really like Absolute...

Also placed around 42nd or so in a MTT on UB.. payed only like 6 bucks or so... got my buyin back... that one took awhile too... ..

I think I have had enuff poker for one day...

*****************

So, I go to see about cashing out my 5 bucks on Absolute, I really don't want to play there for money, and low and behold, I discover, 50 dollars in my account... how the hell did that happen... I do a lil research using their history thingy for accounts, and discover, thru an event on Feb 20, 50 dollars was deposited into my account... I have no idea what this event was....

So, I decide to play two $2+.25 SNG's... got busted out with KK to trip 2's......in the first one.. still playing the second...in third place right now.. 6 out of 9 of us left...

Oh, I had to put money in ( 15.00 ) in order to establish a real money account, before I could cash out the 50..... now I have to wait 48 hours after a deposit, to cash out...... oh the lil things...

took second in the second tourney, paid 5.60... woo hoo.... .60 up from two tourneys..... I really don't like absolute all that much.. heh...

No comments: