Monday, May 23, 2005

Freeroll of note

I love a freeroll, especially with and agaisnt like minded people...

All the info is here

Lost 2 won 1, last night, before I went to bed... as I was slumbering off, it occurred to me, I would have prolly placed in a 4th attempt.... considering my win/lose ratio of late.... ah well....

Also watched a bit of Discovery Channels 'Science of Star Wars', or sumtin like that... showed alot of neat stuff we can expect to see in the not too distant future...and some that is available now... robots, hybrid cars, weapons of mass destruction.. stuff like that...they had some lil droid sphere shaped robot things for the space station.. designed to monitor ship functions and keep track of experiments and what not... this scares me... haven't these people seen the movie, Silent Running?

I feel like I am the only one not going to Vegas for the June gathering... I haven't given up hope yet.. just doesn't look promising... sometimes it sucks, being responsible.. paying bills on time, or at all, keeping grocercies handy, fuel in the car, brother out of jail, sister's kids clothed, friends car out of the mechanics, rc cola well stocked.... but, I am looking ahead... and putting a bit of my income aside, in a cookie jar, each month, in anticipation of the next event(gathering), which I am sure there will be one... besides, this rash I have, hasn't completely gone away yet...

Speaking of rash... yeah, I really have one.. went to the doctor couple times before he finally, being baffled, did a biospy, which, lil did I know, required a stitch, after the harvesting of the afflicted area of skin... on my arm...just one stitch.. been 10 days, the stitch is still there... I am being stubborn.. cuz, they want to charge me 20 bucks to have it removed... I figure I could do it myself.. and I prolly can... once I invest in a lil bit of Jose Cuervo, get a magnifying glass, some tweezers... already have the needle... hmmm, I wonder if I put some OralGel on it, would it numb it long enuff, just incase the tequila is not sufficient...

The rash is practically gone now.. due to the medication he gave me... the rash is a result of heridity(genetics), apparently, my mom, her dad, his mom, her dad, all had it...or have it.. its pretty uncommon, but not rare... doesn't itch, just looks very, um, ugly... but, its under control now...

Enuff about me..

2 comments:

MrGoss said...

Get sum small scissors like the ones that come in your manicure set if you have one. Cut the stitch as close to the skin as you can on one side. Pull it out with sum tweezers or finger nail clippers (just don't squeeze the clippers all the way if U use these.) It's no big deal, I've done it a couple of times myself. That $20 is a buy-in to a decent tournament. If U have the cajones to remove the stitch on yur own, treat yourself to a nice tournament. Good Luck.

Slayre said...

I used a pair of finger nail clippers...

I soaked them in alcohol, rubbed area with same, clip, pull, done.