Sunday, May 15, 2005

Lost with a Straight Flush

Really.. I got my second ever straight flush.. and lost with it... I so wanted to post the hand history here.. but, Absolutes system, to be kind, sucks donkey dicks... so, I never got it.... I don't recall exactly what I had in my hand...but,they were two spades and the other guy had eithre a K or a Q in his, spades.... the board was all spades...I guess I had an Ace and eithre or 7 or an 8.. I still came in second that SNG.. I had him well covered... but, I wish I had the hand history.. that is two str8flushes I have no proof of... not that I doubt anyone believes... just nice to share those types of experiences....

Pretty much have zero cash in my bankroll... standard good playing on my part, standard luck favoring the stupid on thier part... everyone that reads this knows what I am talking about.... no need to elaborate....

Played in a live tourney. 2 actually. At Bob's place... he is a great host and great people show up to play... its actually a pleasure to lose money there... so to speak.. I played pretty solid... took a hit in the first tourney, crippled bad... made a 'move' with 65s... I was SB.. BB called, with QQ... right move, wrong time.. heh.. no one faulted me...

Second tourney.. had lots of chips.. well, more than enuff to wait for a bettre hand.. but, had AQ and the pot looked ripe for the picking, so ALL IN I go and one caller with a mid pair, 9's, maybe 10's... I never hit and so much for the second tourney...

Still.. was tons of fun..

I've been playing with what is left of my meager funds on Absolute.. actually trying to lose it so that I can just stop for awhile... I love the game, but, it seems the love is not being returned, as it was earlier this year... and more importantly, I am sensing the beginnings of what could turn into a dangerous addiction, and frankly, I don't need that... so, I want to step back for a bit, week or two... but, as long as I have money in an account, and lets be real, as long as there is a freeroll available as well, I will be playing..... I played two SNG's once I got home last night, pretty drunk.. and took 1st and second... drunk. I play bettre drunk than sober? I doubt it... I think luck favored the dumbass drunk bastard, me.

I've learned so much since I started.... and I use what I learn... I think the problem is, there are too many people playing now, that chase. I don't mind losing to good players... it just gets so frustrating, when a bonafide idiot calls you and gets thier 1 or 2 outter.... over and over and over again.. and mind you.... I take great care to prevent myself from being in a position where this can happen... I do not know exactly how much more care I can give it... seems like no mattre how careful I am, I still get those bad beats.... this has been going on for a month and a half now...... me just breaking even or ending the night couple dollars back...

So anyway, Im gonna take a break, reflect, read some more books, reread some books... bake some cookies, make a macrame plant hanger, and perhaps walk out side with my camera and look for interesting things to take pictures of...

Peace all!!
( Don't go all in with the worst of it!!!! Unless your playing on Absolute!!! )

No comments: