Sunday, May 08, 2005

Since my last post...

... Hmmm... I've been really busy at work.. which is where I usually update my blog... hence, the span of time since last post.... Poker has been at the very least, fair to me lately....

I oh so want to be in Vegas for the 'convention of bloggers'. I really really do.... I almost booked my trip, with the earnings I had accumalted this year... Almost booked during the first week of April... but... my sister needed some money, my brother needed some money, and my friend needed some money... and I had it.. so.... I gave it to them... from my poker account... right now, at this point in my poker quest.. family and friends are more important.. I am sure they always will be....

So, after my philanthropies, I was left with about 30 dollars on Absolute, and 50 dollars on UB... more than enuff to start building up the vegas fund again, with more than enough time......

Up until last Friday, I could not do anything except break even....win 1, lose 3. I tried not to let it frustrate me.. but, the bad beat suckout sunobeech players were rampant...... last friday, they let me off work an hour early, as I had been staying an hour or more late each day... for practically the whole month... so, I was excited to be able to play earlier than usual, perhaps playing with different people.... this did not work out quite like I had imagined....

On UB, I had 36 dollars.... I joined 2 $5.50 SNG's and also a $25.00 NL ring game( for the fucking bonus points for the fucking bonus).. I was and did just sit there at the ring game table playing pretty much only AA or KK, winning a few hands here and there when they all checked to me in the BB and I hit a nice flop...... I was at 27 dollars or so, when I get AA..... yay, I get to play.... I am button -1.... everyone folds to me, which is disappointing, but, no biggie... I think for a minute... slow play or just take the .40 cents or so in the pot... I decide to just go for the pot, even tho it is small... I bet, $3.00 ( BB is .25 mind you ).. fold fold, and call.... hmmmm...this could work out nicely... flop is 10 8 2.. or such... I check.... BB bets 1 dollar.... ok, I will pay a dollar for the turn with top pair in my hand.... turn is a 2.... hmmmmmm... ok, now its time to put him to the test... I bet the pot... like 6 bucks or so.....he raises 6 bucks.... I have him as pairing the board with eithre an A or paint kicker... all in I go.... he calls, has me covered by like 4 bucks... he flips......... 2 3. swear to God... they were not even suited. .. ::dramatic pause::

I layed into the person via the chat window... I don't recall what I typed... suffice to say, it was not nice.. and broke all the rules of poker ettiquette and good sportsmenship. I went back a few minutes latre ( to get his name for my buddy/fish list ) and apologized to him... He was very cordial about it... others at the table said things thinking they were cute and witty, but I ignored them...

This left me with 0 dollars in the bankroll, and 2 SNG's being played... one of which I had the chip lead, the other the short stack.. ironic.. to say the least...

To cut this somber story short.. the table where I was leading, I ended up out on the bubble, as usual.... and the table where I was short stacked, I ended up winning... $25.00... plus the small amount of bonus dollars I worked off.....

Now, I was struggling big time with tilt, after that sorry ass trip 2's fiasco... just almost and pretty darn close to shutting down and not even caring about the SNG's... it was tuff... but, I managed to stick thru it and get the win.... ofcourse, I shut down after that and watched some movies....

Saturday morning..... I booted up Absolute... wanting to cool down some more from the UB fever I acquired.... I had 37 points to clear another 10 bonus... ok, this will be easy.. strict, patient and disciplined poker.... I sit down at a .25 cent NL table into the big blind and before I can find a low buyin tourney to join, I dbl up at the ring game... woo hoo... getting the next 36 points, was, fucking tuff.... I ended my session on Absolute about 3 hours latre... winning 2 SNG's and losing four.. breaking even as had been the pattern for April... this next line is very true... "It took an hour, and 3 full orbits to get the last point I needed to clear the 10 bucks". Again.. I was getting very frustrated.....no one was betting.... and my cards were ice cold.... I had bought in for 10 bucks and by the time I cleared the bonus, I was sitting there with $10.03.... argh!! I know I could have played some hands, and not let my dbl up get blinded away... but, I thought for sure I would get those points alot easier than I did.... hell, I even raised when there were 6 people in, just to get the pot high enuff for the required rake/point...

Last night... after spending most of the day thinking about my successes with freerolls on Absolute... ie, finishing ITM 6 times now ( its a free roll, the prize is 5 bucks. heh ) I decided I should step up and play a real MTT, so I joined a 5 dollar MTT on UB........ it was sad..... I was chip leader at my table... about 3k above average in fact... when the actual chip leader got moved to my table... he had like 20k, I had like 7k.... most of the rest of the table had 2k or less, there abouts anyway..... couple orbits with nothing exciting... when I get JJ... bet 3X's the BB, more than ready to lay down to any opposition... only the chip leader calls.....flop is J88... and we both check to the river, which as the turn was, is a rag.... end up all in with mr pocket 8's. tourney paid top 18.. i was like 68th...out of 201 or so... ah well.. no complaints there....

Lil latre ended up in their 2500 dollar guaranteed for $1 entry.. ( or points to enter, I used points ).. I did this because first place paid exactly what I had in my vegas fund before I gave it away.. $550.... the best part about this tourney is that I met a girl and we hit it off from the get go.... chatting and joking and we even played the same style.... ( I don't mean met, as in Love connection, perhaps I should have just said, met a person ).. anyway.. she was alot of fun.... She doubled me up twice and vowed to get revenge....heh... And I didn't suck out on her eithre.... AK bet her AQ and 10 10 beat her 9 9... I doubled up with bigslick 6 times during that tourney... I certainly made it ITM.. but, the big bucks happen for places 1 thru 4...1 thru 3 if your greedy... the 7th time I had big slick.. I am all in, no way I am not, blinds are huge, antes are huge, and it came thru for me 6 times already.... caller had a pocket pair me thinks... I never improved.... down from 39k, to 4k.. blinds 1k/2k antes at 200 I think.... time is short for this poker quester... finish eithre 48 or 68.. don't recall.. but, there was an 8... for a earnings of 8 bucks....

So, my bank on UB is now at 33 dollars, about 20 bucks off from beginning of april... due to MR 2 3. and my Absolute roll is at 31 bucks...about the same as it was..... and I have 45 dollars or so on Neteller... about 100 bucks...

Now... people have already volunteered to give up their seat for the WPBT tourney in Vegas, if it came down to needing to.. or so I recall reading, and as I am number 1 on the waiting list.. I figure I pretty much have a seat, IF I can just get there...

I do not expect anything back from my brother or sister.. which is cool, they really needed the money.. but, I do suspect my friend will do her darnest to pay me back, and it is cool if she can't... plus, I am going to forgo any more attempts at stupid fucking bonuses...... and just play what I am good at, which is SNG's....

I am blaming this set back on the over abundace of work I have at my job... crosswiring my brain and such... :)

oh.. this is long... I usually proof for typos, not this time.. perhaps latre in the day I will...

Still Vega$ bound.

Edit: I had to proofread, cuz, the word I used for 'philanthropy', was the wrong word.....it didn't look good...

No comments: