Monday, July 18, 2005

Hasn't seemed..

..like over a month since my unintentional, self imposed, hiatas... from blogging...

Gee, what I have I been doing, since May 30th.... other than blogging...

Well, up until this last week or so, very lil poker.... mostly been playing Guild Wars... which was impressive, for about a a month... also am beta testing another game, Auto Assault... which is early in the beta process.... nothing to report...

Been spending some time at the movie theatre.. have seen a handful of the current movies out.. Star Wars ( kinda current ), Batman Begins.. and War of the Worlds..which sucked to no end... of the 3, Batman is the one I enjoyed the most...

I have no money to deposit, on any site.. so, starting about 10 days ago, or so, I starting playing the free rolls on Absolute... they seem to have one every 30 minutes.... lets say I played 100 of them in 2 weeks... ended up winning a total of 9 bucks or so, with various different finishes... most of which, were not any where near the money... they pay top 18 now, instead of top 9... in addition, top 5 advance to a weekly tourney... I never made top 5....

Used my winnings to play in several SnG's, of the low buy in variety.. lets say, I played 100 SnG's.... won some, lost some... and currently, have a nickel in my account....

There has got to be something sad about a decent to good poker player, that has no money to play any serious poker with... I know I am not a bad player... I know I am not a so-so player... prolly just sad to me... altho, the flipside could be, it's a joy that I simply and easily refuse to risk rent, or food, or gas, or any other money, to play poker... even if I do think I decent at it...

I have a friend, who asked me if he were to give me 20 dollars, would I play in a tourney for him, a 20 dollar tourney, online.... I told him I would rather play 4 $5.00 tourneys... and he is thinking about it.. at first he said I could keep 10 percent of any winnings.. but, I explained that I should get more than 10 percent, as I would be the one risking the high blood pressure and such... so we agreed, if he does decide to do this.. that if I placed ITM, he would get his buyin back, and we would split the rest 50/50.... so, on Absolute... a 5 dollar SNG pays $22.50 for first, I would get half of $17.50.... he prolly won't do it tho.. he as approached me about this before.. but, changed his mind... he is a pretty good darn poker player himself.. he just can't bring himself to trust the online money transfer thing and such... plus, he doesn't have a computer at home... which is prolly the bigger obstacle...

I had Ace's cracked twice in a row.. yesterday... same tourney.. I got Ace's, was second to last in chips, 1400 i had... went all in..... leader folds, shortstack ( 800 ) calls with 6 2... second in chips folds... flop is 662... no ace showed... now I am in last place with chips.... very next hand.. I get AA... with 600 in chips... all in I go.. ( Oh, blinds are 200/400 ), chip leader calls, he has like 7900, used to be shortstack folds, second in chips folds... chip leader flips K2offsuit... flops 2 K's.... and no Ace shows...

I didn't play any more tourneys after that.. mainly cuz that is was put me at a nickle... but, had I had enuff... it was plain to me I was way off kilter with tilt, so, I would not have played anyway... it only lasted a few minutes.. cuz after all, it wasn't like it was my money... just my potential money... I was hoping to build my bank up to 20 bucks or so, and then start playing some of the lower limit ring games and hopefully dbl up once or twice, to then get back into the higher limit SNG's.....

As I have stated many times.... its just really really difficult to win when people just call with anything cuz they don't care... I can't tell you how many times I saw people type "Its only .60 cents". Well, its not... in the tourney's I have been playing on Absolute, .50 + .10, its $2.25 for first, $1.35 for second, and $0.90 for third.... least, that is how I look at.... 1st is 3 more tourneys, 2nd is 2 more tourneys, and third is 1 more.....

So, you basically just have to be very very very very patient... let them all take each other out... and settle for second or third.. occasionally, you get a good run early and have a chip stack to be aggressive with and end up winning... but no matter how patient you are... even if you are more patient than Ghandi or Mother Theresa.... no amount with prevent your AA from getting called by 62 or even K2...

I would like to close this post by giving my condolences the to the family of Charlie Tuttle... I have just recently heard of his struggle and all that has happened with the Memorial tourney and the pros calling him and Barry Greenstiens tourney dedication..... I find it quite touching.... my prayers to the family and friends of Charlie Tuttle.

2 comments:

MrGoss said...

Note to Slayre: STOP gong all-in preflop with AA dammit. =)

P.S. - 'bout time U posted again. (Like I can talk.)

Slayre said...

well.. with blinds the way they were... all my chips were in for both those hands... it was a no brainer....

getting them cracked, one right after the other... that was a real ball buster... didnt mind the second one too much.. king high is decent enuff, when you have 8x's as many chips... and know they are desperate... that 6 2 tho... ugh..