Sunday, October 30, 2005

Poker Princess Invitational

Had a grand time... met the Poker Princess.. met CJ... met Gus and met Kat...

Scott and April were there and ofcourse, our gracious host, Adam...

I didn't win any money..but, I was very pleased with my play thru out the entire evening.... there are only a couple hands I wish to post about...

The first hand... I'll talk about.. is the one that knocked me out of the tourney... short story is, April had AA and I had TT, all in, she had me covered and I did not improve... the lil bit longer story is I convinced myself she had 72o. How you might ask? Instead of saying I was stupid, lets just say I outsmarted myself.. Blinds were 30/60 at this point. I am pretty sure I was in the BB, because Kat was between us and she had already folded... anyway.. Kat folds UTG, April bets like 255, and it folded around to me.. I'm looking at TT and start figuring that she is eithre trying a hammer move, or she has AA... those were the only two hands I put her on.. I decided, her bet was two big for AA, based on the hour or so we had already been playing... I decided this was a very good opportunity for me to double up and eithre have the chip lead, or be close.. I decided TT was good enuff, and instead of reraising, like most good poker players would do... I mean, it wasn't like I was short stacked ( Scott ) or anything, infact.. I was doing pretty well.. considering the level of skill ( all bettre than me ) I found myself up agaisnt... but, no, I push all in and she calls, before I even finish saying the word 'in'. Doom! I am doomed!!! Sure enuff, AA.. I didn't improve.. and now I get to deal...

The other hand.. ugh.. I made a huge mistake, not sure if anyone even noticed it.. but.. anyway.. It was during the cash game.. err, the dealers choice rounds we decided to play. and we were playing Maigreys choice of PLOH. I'm not sure if that acronym is correct.. Pot Limit Omaha.. so, if you read my previous post about this tourney, you know I was pretty drunk.. but, that did not effect me making the mistake.. It was me and CJ.. I held 8774 the flop showed A25 I think I made a min bet and CJ called. ( he has notes. and bettre memory, so if he posts about it, his is more accurate ). Turn is 3. Giving me the straight.. and a 6 on the rive would give me 7 high straight.. most likely the nuts ( I never saw the diamond draw, btw, CJ ). I bet the pot, about 4 bucks.. and he immediately calls pot and puts 12 bucks out there on top of my 4.. ( actually put like 32, but that was way way much and we got it all sorted ). So, I pretty screw up and give my hand away by stating.. 'Damn.. you got 64'. Then I spent about 5 minutes trying to put him on anything else but 64 and I just couldn't do it.. so, I called any damn way.. He had an A, 6, 4, and I don't recall the other card... which didn't matter anyway.. I figure that while I was trying, outloud, to put him on a hand, I said sumtin like, I got the straight and if you have 6 I'm screwed... pretty much blowing any chance for a bluff, which might have worked, had I noticed the diamond draw and not opened my mouth.. None of that had anything to do with why I called tho.. It was just a whole heck of alot of fun.. ( besides.. I saw him bluff once.. heh ).

I'm down to like 4 bucks from 20.. but cash out with 11.. so.. I'm sure I could of spent alot more money elsewhere and have alot less fun...

For those that were there.... it has been years since I have uncontrollaby snorted thru my nose while laughing.... this was a good thing in itself...

I'm coming up on one year of blogging and trying to decide if I should follow tradition and make some sort of life story post... or just skip it all together...

finally, i am so stoked for Vega$.. even more so now....

Update: ( Things I meant to mention, but forgot )
I was the oldest, by far, there, and am pretty sure the only grandparent.

I had forgotten about Gus saying "That is the sound of losing", which I think brought on my first snorting..

CJ promised to check the river, when he took my 20 or so bucks, and he did.

Everyone was late, except for me, altho, I was sure I was going to be.. Adam don't count, as he lives there.

Somebody sprung for some pizza, and I indulged, thank you very much. .it was good.

When people were talking about Vegas, I never knew if it was the dog, the dog, or the town.

No comments: