Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Wil tourney on Stars

short summary.

I finished 8th.... out of 70 pretty good showing.. I was way pleased with my play.... I also missed the first 10 minutes.. taking a nap.. didn't here the alarm.. missed two orbits.. not a huge deal..

I only was able to make it that far due to a very luck board.. my AJ vs an AQ
( forget who ).. board dbl paired, and our Ace kicker let us chop the pot.. otherwise, I was a goner... around 40th or so.. that was the the I really needed lady luck....

Got down to 13 and for a couple orbits I was in 7th place.. but, could not get any cards whatsoever.. stuff like 24 73 T6 all offsuit, and always someone jamming before my turn to act.. finally.. I get KK... the antes and the blinds make the pot about 1100, so I jam, cuz, now I am second to last in chips... no callers... next hand is QQ.. same thing... no callers.. I am back up to 7th in chips..

then the crap hands come again.. and were are down to 10.. the bubble... Wil is actually short stack but, takes down a couple pots.. one an all in and before you know it, he is up from like 1400 in chips to 11k in chips... I forget who bubbled... but, thank you cuz, that put me in the money.. second to last in chips again...

One player goes out.. I have to fold a couple times... get KQ, push... get a caller.. 55. lady luck was not looking my way this time... the 5's hold up... I am out in 8th...

Cash 31.50 for a nice 20 buck profit.......

tons of fun and I will be back next week for sure...

Thanks again Wil.....

2 comments:

ScottMcM said...

Great Job I was pulling for you.

Slayre said...

Thanks Scott!! I was pulling for me too... heh

with 4900 or so left, short stacked.. I was gonna push with anything.. the KQ looked really good...

:)